Maxcoins transaction security has been upgraded with next-generation, Keccak SHA-3 algorithm for Proof of Work. Whilst SHA-2 was designed and developed closed-door by the NSA, Keccak was subject to an open competition with design and peer preview (NIST).
Keccak was also chosen as the official successor for SHA-256 after being a finalist and finally winning a 5 year long international competition run by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and as such chosen as the successor to SHA-256.
Special Note: Keccak is also much greener than SHA-256 and many other hashing functions, reducing cryptocurrencies ecological footprint.”
- Winner of 5 year long NIST competition
- Next-generation encryption
- Official Successor to SHA-256
- Not developed closed doors by NSA
- Open Peer Reviewed & Designed
- Not length-extension attacks vulnerable
- Thicker safety margin than SHA-2
- Greener than SHA-256